SAFETY – Required Procedures and Equipment
A. SUPERVISION AT WAYESS EVENTS
For all WAYESS events (practices, matches, etc.), team members are to be under the supervision of the Team's Head Coach. In the event the Head Coach cannot be present, he/she must designate an Assistant Coach/Adult Volunteer who is registered with the Team to provide supervision and leadership.
NEVER, IS ANY ONE ADULT TO BE ALONE WITH AN ATHLETE IN AN ENCLOSED AREA
Violation of this/these rule/s voids the Volunteer Liability Insurance Policy coverage, disqualifies the team from entering an event, and will result in the removal of the Head Coach from the SCTP.
B. REQUIRED EYE AND EAR PROTECTION
ALL WAYESS registered Athletes, coaches, and anyone on the shooting field MUST wear EYE AND EAR PROTECTION during ALL WAYESS practice and competitive events. Eye protection refers to shooting eyeware not your everyday glasses.
C. SPECIAL WAYESS SAFETY RULE FOR ALL DISCIPLINES
1. Toe Pads – The use of toe pads is forbidden. It is a violation to rest the muzzle on the foot. Violation of this rule may be grounds for disqualification.
2. Foot Wear – Shooting in flip-flops or opened-toed shoes/sandals is prohibited. Violation of this rule may be grounds for disqualification.
3. Muzzle Control – While on a shooting post or station, the muzzle must never cross any part of the shooter's anatomy or any other person's anatomy. Violation of this rule may be grounds for disqualification.
D. SPECIAL WAYESS SAFETY RULE FOR AMERICAN SKEET
Unless specifically approved to do otherwise by the Head Coach, competitors must load only ONE shotgun shell when shooting their single high and low house American Skeet targets. A Head Coach may approve an Athlete on his/her team to load two shells on singles if, in the judgment of the Head Coach, the athlete can handle the situation safely.
DRESS AND CONDUCT
A. APPROPRIATE DRESS
Each registered WAYESS participant, whether Athlete, Coach, or Adult Volunteer, represents not only their team and the WAYESS, but also the entire USAYESS Program including the team‟s sponsoring institution (e.g., school, club, church, community organization, youth organization, etc.), and at the national level, their state. Promoting a positive image is in the best interest of the WAYESS and everyone involved with it. Appropriate dress goes a very long way in making a positive impression.
1. TOPS – Items of clothing that expose any part of the torso are prohibited. These include, but are not limited to, cutoff T-shirts, halter tops, tank tops, etc.
2. BOTTOMS – Short shorts and low riding shorts or pants revealing undergarments or buttocks are prohibited.
3. CLOTHING ADORNMENTS – Shirts, hats, pants – any clothing – and any other associated items carried, worn, etc., with pictures, caricatures, designs, messages, writings, or other embellishments with direct or indirect references to alcohol, tobacco, sex or sexual connotations, drugs, gambling or profanities are prohibited.
Acts of using abusive or profane language, displaying unsportsmanlike conduct (includes but not limited to: arguing with referees; unsafe handling/use of firearms; disrupting a competitor; cheating, etc.), consuming alcohol or using proscribed (i.e. illegal drugs), drugs before or during any WAYESS activity are prohibited, will not be tolerated, and are grounds for disqualification, suspension, and expulsion from the program.
HONOR THE GAME, TREAT OTHERS WITH RESPECT, AND FOLLOW THE RULES!